Monday, December 7, 2009

Superwoman surprise!

I've been feeling all *woe is me* because E left for NYC this morning and I'm here all by my lonesome. As much as I love Indio and our pup, Cassius, it's definitely harder taking care of both of them and finding the time to eat even once a day when I'm on my own. Add to it that I'm working 3 days a week, which means I need to get up at an un-Godly hour to get ready before getting the two of them ready.

Fortunately, the day has been going fairly well so far, free of mishaps, but it was still ho-hum at best. Well, that all changed when I checked the mail. Amidst all the junk there was a brightly coloured envelope addressed to me! It was a Wonderwoman fold-n-mail from Faiza! [Did she know I used to have Wonderwoman Underoos? Does she know I'm obsessed with fold-n-mail?] My day just got a million times brighter! Thanks, Fai!
Front of envelope. Don't you love her lettering?

Back of envelope.

Wonderfully colourful inside message

6 comments:

Faiza December 7, 2009 at 7:53 PM  

I had no idea about your Underoos! I feel we've just reached another level of our friendship with the sharing of that information...

Paula December 9, 2009 at 1:36 PM  

What a wonderful snail mail note! So bright and cheery!

Unknown December 29, 2009 at 2:13 PM  

Great job Faiza! thats super cute :)

phonelady February 13, 2010 at 7:18 AM  

you are going to think this is so weird but that was my nickname in high school wonderwoman and I was like wow when I read this post .

sheba February 13, 2010 at 9:12 AM  

@phonelady, from reading your blog, i can believe it! wonderwoman has got to be the best superhero out there!

The Missive Maven March 3, 2010 at 8:49 PM  

'K - this is not, I hope, too creepy, but I, too, used to brandish Wonder Woman underoos.

(Proudly, I might add.)

And I also have this fold-and-mail stationery, and it often reminds me of my days as a wild little girl, parading around in her Wonder Woman underoos.

Girl power, y'all.

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP