I know I say this every month, but wow, it's already August! Where is the time going? I'm still trying to finish Indio's *first year* photobook and I haven't even started 2010's. Summer vacation is half-over, which means work starts in a month! How can we slow down the clock of life...or at least find the time to do all the things we want to do? While I try to find the answers, I did find time to list some of my new favourite things. Being home full time this past month has meant that Indio and I are spending lots of time together, hence the plethora of *baby goods* listed below.
- I first bought Banana Nut Cheerios at Target in NY back in June, but that box didn't last long in our house. E, Indy and I all clamored for the last bowl, thinking we wouldn't be able to get our hands on these delicious little O's until we ventured south of the border again. BUT, as luck would have it, I stumbled across them again at our local grocery store and can breathe easy now that I know there is an unlimited supply in our house!^via
- As much as I don't love the food in Little Italy, NYC, I was a regular at Ferrara on Grand Street for their gelato and cannolis. How excited was I when I stumbled across a Ferrara kiosk in Central Park while exploring the city with Sophia and Indio??? We devoured 2 mini cannolis between the 3 of us, Indy opting to lick the cream out of his share and leave the soggy shell for the pigeons. [Other than his birthday cake, Indy hasn't had much in the dessert department. Is it all downhill from here?]
- As Indy gets older and more independent I have been on the search for the *perfect sippy cup.* I was about to give up, thinking my boy was destined to a life of drinking milk from a bottle when I tried the Rubbermaid litterless drinking box & Playtex Insulator Twist & Click. Both cups are rigid enough that Indy can't squeeze its contents out and they are also spill proof. No really, they are!
- Crayola washable crayons are an ingenious invention! They clean up with just a wipe of a wet cloth and thankfully, they are non-toxic since Indio likes to munch on them as much as he enjoys channeling his inner Picasso.
- Red wine. Only in the past few years have I really begun to enjoy wine, specifically red wine. [though I do love a chilled glass of white on a hot day.] It's a great end to a long day, a fantastic accompaniment to a delicious meal...and it's good for me, right? Do you have any vino recommendations for me?^via
What are some of your favourite products these days?