Monday, March 7, 2011

The Good Stuff: Battery-Operated Toothbrush

Since Indio was 6 months old, bedtime has always been a fairly easy time in our household . . . except when it came to brushing his teeth. In the beginning, before those pearly whites even made an appearance we were diligent about gum massage, and up until more recently, Indy continued to allow us to brush his teeth for him.

With his recent explosion of independence and stubbornness, he began protesting and fighting me. I had to pin his arms down and between all the thrashing and screaming, try to polish each one of his tiny chompers.

I turned to some of other moms for pointers and that led me to a battery-operated, brightly coloured, Go, Diego, Go! brush by Colgate.

What a fabulous invention! Indio wants to brush his teeth all.the.time. He asks for his "Day-go brush" even when it's not time to brush his teeth. And he still finally lets me get in there to rid his mouth of the "sugar bugs" [another tactic picked up from another mom].

9 comments:

Ren- Lady Of The Arts March 7, 2011 at 10:58 PM  

My monkeys love their electric toothbrushes too- So cute.

thegirlhassparke March 7, 2011 at 11:24 PM  

That photo is so cute...sugar bugs hehe good idea!

Claire Kiefer March 8, 2011 at 1:00 AM  

Hilarious! (and adorable, as usual). Milo, by the way, is obsessed with Diego, whom he calls "Lay-go." Fortunately for me, I find it the least annoying of kids shoes (don't get me started on Elmo).

sheba March 8, 2011 at 9:02 AM  

@Ren, I don't know why I didn't think of the electric brush sooner . . . I think I was worried it would be too harsh.

@Megan, you can't believe how popular the sugar bugs are! Indy is always trying to attack them!

@CK, I hear ya on the annoying toddler characters. I don't know if there are any I like. The Wiggles are Indy's faves, but I find them über-creepy.

Corinne Rodrigues March 9, 2011 at 6:11 AM  

What a great picture - he's so focused! Amazing how much of psychology you've got to know to be a Mom! Why don't they have Mom classes at school? :)

Paula March 9, 2011 at 10:49 AM  

My kids like them too, more so when they were younger. Santa puts one if each of their stockings every year. I still brushed their teeth with a regular brush often as they make the heads on the electric ones so big for kids little mouths.

Pria March 12, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

Adorable picture and I agree with Corinne ..the things a mom has to do ;)

Karina Pacheco March 13, 2011 at 6:14 PM  

Way too adorable!!! Go Diego Go!! Al rescate - don't ask me how I know! Haha!

Micaela March 13, 2011 at 7:24 PM  

HA I'm giggling at milo's virtual friendship with "lay-go"

i love my spin brush!! it's the little things in life no? and the big things, like being supermom! :)

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP