So, along with being perpetually behind on my Project 365 photos, I realized I am also behind on my What I Loved... series. Here are some of the things that have kept me sane during August and September.
- I *discovered* Coconut M&M's on a recent road trip to NYC. They are they perfect blend of milk chocolate and coconut. [The last M&M discovery--pretzel M&M's--wasn't as yummy as these delicious tropical morsels.] I'm still sad that I only bought one teeny-tiny bag.
- Fall: the leaves seemed to start changing just as autumn began, almost as if on cue. I love fall clothing, the cozy sweaters, puffy vests and boots! [Don't get me wrong, I'm still sad to put away my sandals, but there is something about the crispness of a clear fall day that I love...how's that for cheesy?] I'm excited to subject my boys to many impromptu photo shoots in the park before the snow falls!
- I've been a library fan ever since I've been tall enough to see over the book checkout counter. I currently have 20 items checked out from the Toronto Public Library! These days, Indio comes along on my library jaunts and picks out a few bedtime stories for himself. It makes me feel all warm and fuzzy to see my own little bibliophile in the making!
- Sahadi's is a great little specialty grocery store in Brooklyn that I used to frequent weekly for their yummy dark chocolate raisins, Swedish fish and naturally dried papaya [I don't even like fresh papaya!] along with their huge variety of cheeses, freshly made tomato and feta phyllo pie, hummus, salads...I could go on forever. Anyway, on our last visit to NYC I got to satisfy my craving and give Indy his first taste of the unsweetened, no sulphur, but totally delicious dried papaya. I wish I had bought more to bring back to Toronto!^via
- Astro BioBest MaxImmunité Peach Mango Lassi has become a staple in our house since Indio has decided he doesn't milk as much, and I don't make mango milkshakes on a whim for him like my dad does! They are a great portable snack, though maybe not the best choice for in the car. [Yes, I speak from experience!] They come in these adorably-small bottles: just enough for a treat without too much worry about a sugar overdose.^via
What are you loving these days?